City of Fremont: Chief Sean Washington presents new police chief transition plan
22 October 2021
On October 1, the Fremont Police Department (FPD) officially took the oath of office to the new Chief of Police, Sean Washington. As part of his new role, Chief Washington developed a Chief of Police Transition Plan detailing his commitment to continuing FPD’s community policing philosophy as well as his priority goals for the first 180 days of transition and beyond. .
Earlier this year, Chief Washington hosted several discussions to address various community concerns. Feedback received during these conversations is represented in the plan, which will guide FPD as it prioritizes the health, welfare and training of police officers to provide the highest level of service to the community. community of Fremont.
Chief Washington’s vision revolves around six main objectives:
1. Improve community relations, police trust and legitimacy
2. Evaluate organizational effectiveness and efficiency
3. Perform a comprehensive review of policies and procedures
4. Provide better staffing, professional development, training and education
5. Increase internal communication, team building and employee well-being
6. Build partnerships with the city of Fremont and support city initiatives
As part of these broad goals, the plan also outlines Chief Washington’s commitment to other goals such as hiring and diversity.
Check out Chief Washington’s full plan and learn more about his vision for the FPD.
This press release was produced by the Town of Fremont. The opinions expressed here are those of the author.